There’s no place on Earth quite like Disneyland®. Between the stunning castles, thrilling rides, and Disney nostalgia, it’s one of the best places to get away from the stress of life and have fun. But like any trip, preparation is key to making the most out of your time. These tips will help you prepare for Disneyland® and have the best experience possible.
- Buy your tickets in advance and pick a good time to visit. Disneyland® does sell out, often for months straight. It also can be very crowded depending on when you go. Avoid these issues by purchasing tickets ahead of time and timing your visit well.
- Stay on the property or nearby. Your experience will be more immersive staying at a Disneyland® resort. Staying on the property also gives you an extra hour at the park before opening called the Magic Hour. Staying on or near the property will also save you time getting there, meaning more time in the park.
- Be familiar with the layout of the park. Knowing where your must-see attraction or character is can save you a lot of time. Spend some time looking at the map of the park and planning your day in advance.
- Pack all of the essentials. Bringing your own food and drink can save you lots of time and money. Other things like sunscreen, sunglasses, phone cords and chargers, comfy shoes, and band-aids can make your experience better, so make sure you have everything you need before entering the park.
- Get there early and be prepared for security. The wait is the shortest at the beginning and end of the day, so get there early. Be ready for security by emptying your pockets, opening your bags, and leaving all prohibited items in your hotel or car.
- Download the Disneyland® app and use it. The app has features like mobile ticketing, food ordering, reservation making, an itinerary creator, and more. It also is where you can access Disney Genie+, their new paid feature which shortens wait times.
- Don’t be afraid to park hop. The various parks are all very close at Disneyland®, making park hopping possible. Each park has a lot to offer, so seeing them all is worthwhile. Just be sure to leave enough time to get there.
With these tips in mind, your experience at Disneyland® will be truly magical. Still, looking for more advice on how to best prepare? Check out our other blogs for more Disneyland® tips and tricks. Foerster Travel, an authorized Disney travel agency, is ready to help with our knowledgeable and best authorized Disney travel agents. Contact us today!
of Happy Clients
Years in Business
Turks & Caicos
Cincinnati travel agents
Dallas travel agents
Houston travel agents
Lubbock travel agents
Texas travel agents
Kentucky travel agents